July 23, 2012

hello again.

If I ever stay away this long again, I give you permission to slap me.

***
Life has been full of wonderful things.

I would like to make a cupcake toast to all my friends who have told me they miss my writing. 
You're the best.

This could have turned out to be a big disaster, but it's been one of my favorite recipe experiments. 
These cupcakes are delicious and lite and full of chocolately goodness.  


Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cupcakes
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 container of Greek yogurt ( 6 oz.) 
(I use Fage 0%)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
Using a mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until pale and creamy on high speed.
Add the eggs, one at a time on medium speed.
On low speed, gradually add the flour, alternating with the yogurt.
Fill cupcake liners about three-quarters full and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 
about 24 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely, then we frost...

Greek Yogurt Chocolate Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbs Greek yogurt

Combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder. 
Stir in the butter and vanilla. 
(This will be thick.)
Stir in Greek yogurt (add more or less as needed).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment