April 8, 2012

happy easter.

How was your Easter? Or if you don't celebrate, your Sunday funday? 
I hope it was lovely.

I have to say that I had a great time spending the day with my family. I spent the entire morning cooking, getting ready, and trying every kind of Easter candy we had in the house (I gave it up successfully for Lent). 

We ate, laughed, caught up on each other's lives, drank wine, and indulged on many sweets. 


The sugar overdose was primarily my fault. If you would like to know what I baked, here you go!
- black and neons (aka jazzy black and whites)
- tri-color cookies in pastel colors (a big time family favorite), I like this recipe
- chocolate covered oreos, which are super easy to make if you buy a sandwich cookie chocolate mold, I added the sugar decals for a special touch
- this peanut butter pie, I used a chocolate graham crust and topped with chocolate sprinkles, it is low-fat and delicious!
- one of my favorite brownie recipes, which I topped with chocolate frosting and sprinkles and served in a pie dish for a super rich chocolaty dessert

I tried to keep it simple and I think that I did a pretty good job :)
Now I have to go get ready for work tomorrow, wow wow wow.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment