April 16, 2012

happy monday.

Well I did it. I survived my first week of work!

There is so much to adjust to, from learning every detail of the job, to getting used to the new schedule, to remembering everyone's names, oh and of course there is that awkward newbie feeling.

But it all makes me so much more grateful for the weekend!

I have to admit I spent most of it in the city drinking margaritas...it was sort of a Mexican fiesta kind of weekend.

[ I don't even want to count how many I consumed ]
[ grand central ] 
[ nutella ice cream with a shot of espresso @ the Cafeteria..amazing! ]
 [ fun with friends ]
[ sunday baking ]

As for my Sunday baking, I had some ripe bananas on hand so I decided to bake mini banana muffins. Bethenny Frankel's banana bread recipe is the only one that I have ever made. It is a healthy version and is so good that I never had a reason to make any other; even my skeptical brother loves it. This time I added peanut butter, just because :) 

If you are looking for a low-fat peanut butter then I recommend Better'n Peanut Butter. It does not have the same consistency as real peanut butter, its sort of syrupy. When I bought it at Trader Joes I was doubtful, but I ate it on toast and apples and didn't touch real peanut butter for a solid month (that's pretty big). 

Mini Banana Peanut Butter Muffins adapted from Bethenny Frankel
(Makes about 24 minis)

1 tbs butter, softened
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large)
1 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mash banana and butter.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients and stir well.

Pour batter into a well greased mini muffin pan.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment