April 2, 2012

happy monday.

Oh what a weekend. 
Yesterday I participated in an Easter egg scavenger hunt with a large group of friends. We had to complete a list of hilarious tasks and visit bars to solve riddles throughout the city, all while wearing bunny ears. It was quite a Sunday funday.


Oh and on Saturday I finished making this...


I was inspired by lace as it has been an obsession of mine for a few years now. It is a genoise cake filled with Italian meringue buttercream and decorated with fondant. Sounds pretty fancy right?


It is my final cake from the fondant and royal icing course that I have been taking this past month. Every Saturday I would lug a large bag and tool kit to the city for a five hour class. And though my social life level dropped a bit due to this, I really loved it. It was fun, challenging, and rewarding. I meet some wonderful people, learned new cake tricks, and tasted really great food. 


Warning, really dorky and unflattering picture below...


hehe. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment