March 8, 2012

nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies.

Time to refill the cookie jar.

It has been empty since my family ate the last batch of cookies within just a few days.
That's what happens when you make them mini and so darn good.

So I took my craving for a chocolate chip cookie, turned it up a notch, and added a dear favorite of mine, Nutella.


As kids, my mom would buy Nutella often and we would eat it on toast as a snack.
I also love it on pretzels, plain rice cakes, and bananas, just to name a few.

Here is how I conquered this task...

First I made a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, this one always works for me (adapted from All Recipes).

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla.
Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water.
Add this to the dough, along with the salt.
Stir in flour and chocolate chips.

Drop the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, about a tablespoon per cookie.
Now with slightly damp hands (dough is a bit sticky), press down to flatten. 
(I kept a wet paper towel handy).
Drop about a teaspoon or so of Nutella in the middle of each cookie. 
You can use a little more, a little less, I eyed it according to the cookie size.


Now use slightly damp hands again to grab enough dough to cover the mound of Nutella.
Flatten the dough with your fingers, place over the Nutella,
and seal together with the bottom of the cookie.


Bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
Allow to cool, for as long as you possibly can.



And enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment